Tuesday, November 27, 2012

36 Weeks

On Saturday my baby will be considered full term.. Finally getting there! According to some charts I've looked at my little melon baby should be just under 6lbs, well two weeks ago he was 6lbs so I'm going to assume he's at least 7lbs by now. My belly is getting pretty huge and in the past two weeks I've gone from not having any stretch marks at all to having my belly pretty much covered in them.. not fun at all and really depressing because nothing will get rid of them and they are only going to look worse after I have the baby because I'll also have flabby skin. Oh well, I may not ever be able to wear a two piece bathing suit ever again but I will have a precious baby boy. I'll just have to workout hard core and eat really healthy.. highly doubt it will be easy but we will see. Gives me a good idea for a new blog post when I'm able to start working out again, I'll have to document the adventures of trying to be a hot mom.. or at least a healthy one. Hey, a girl can dream! lol. I'm gonna try my best to get in good shape before my husband comes home from deployment, I will only have a couple of months to do it so I know I will have to work really hard. One thing at a time though, first I have to give birth and make sure my son is healthy and learn to take care of him on my own before looking good can even be an issue.

 I am so nervous about how big he is already, I was told that if I go to 40 weeks he could easily weigh 10 lbs! Sorry but that is just too large, especially for my first. I can't even imagine having a baby that big! But there are women out there who are tiny and have given birth to babies bigger than that, so I know it's possible. I've heard giving birth is comparable to squeezing a Buick through a cheerio. lol.. funny but also scary! Last week I had some maternity pictures done by Stephanie Ker from Blush Artistic Photography.. so far I am really loving how they are turning out and can't wait to see them all. She really captured everything nicely. It's great because Adam can get a better idea of what I actually look like with this huge belly, the last time he saw me in person I weighed 30lbs less than I do now and there is only so much he can see over Skype and in pictures I've taken of myself so it was really nice to have some professional pictures done. He has really enjoyed looking at them so far and can't wait to see the rest of them. There are two of my favorites at the bottom of the page :)

So yesterday my dad took me grocery shopping, yes I'm to the point that I need help getting groceries lol.. Well I'm not a doctor but it's safe to say baby boy has dropped or is very close to dropping into position. I can barely walk and can feel his head really low plus there is a TON of pressure down low with some pain, there was a point while getting groceries I seriously thought I was going to have him right there.. of course my dad asked if I was ok and I said yes, so then he started making jokes about me having a baby in Meijer and then when we were pulling up to my apartment told me to get out of his truck before my water broke lol.. of course he was kidding, I think ;) I've been having contractions since I was only 18 weeks but so far they haven't been in a pattern or anything, the closest they've been was 10 minutes apart and that was about a week ago however they stopped within an hour so I didn't bother going to the hospital. This past week and a half though I've started getting contractions in my lower back, a very odd feeling but I think it's a hint that I will be going into real labor very soon. I'm predicting in the next two or three weeks..

How far along? 36 Weeks, 4 days


Total weight gain: 30lbs.. I'm pretty sure I outweigh my husband now, kinda scary! lol


Maternity clothes? Everything except for sweatpants, which are stretchy enough anyway ;)


Stretch marks? Yes, way more than I thought I would get.. Hoping they don't get worse!!


Sleep: I either sleep for only 2hrs or 12hrs, my body can't seem to find a balance.


Best moment this week: Getting a really sweet email from my husband about how excited he is to be a dad and how much he loves and misses me and how happy he will be when he's finally home :)  


Miss Anything? More than anything right now, I really miss my husband.. other than that I miss what it feels like to actually feel good and healthy.


Movement: Of course, especially just after I eat or when I'm trying to sleep. He can get pretty violent sometimes!


Food cravings: Any kind of dessert.. which isn't helping my weight at all lol.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.


Gender: Boy!


Labor Signs: Contractions but so far they're not too close together or in a pattern.


Symptoms: Lots of pressure in the pelvic area, very bad sciatica on both sides, heartburn of course, Braxton-Hicks as well as contractions in my lower back.


Belly Button in or out? Definitely out!


Wedding ring on or off? Always on! (which is more than I can say for Adam, lol long story but he has lost his wedding ring for the 3rd time since being deployed.. sorry honey but I had to call you out on this. kisses!)


Happy or Moody most of the time: Usually happy, a little sad here and there but rarely ever moody. Very anxious too! 

Looking forward to: My doctor appointment on Friday, maybe they will be able to tell me for sure he has dropped down and give me a good estimate as to how much he weighs now and hopefully we can discuss getting induced before my due date because he's so big.
 
Thanks to Stephanie Ker from Blush Artistic Photography! By the way, this picture totally made me realize I seriously need to get my hair touched up LOL no worries people, I have an appointment this weekend to fix those roots ;) Also those tiny little shoes are from Adams mom, how cute are they?!
Here is another gorgeous picture by Stephanie Ker. She does excellent work! Love this one of course, it was taken on the Tridge the day before Thanksgiving, I was surprised at how gorgeous the weather turned out to be.. sunny and warm at the end of November?? Yup :)
Well now that you've seen the pretty pictures, here is one I took this morning. You can see my stretch marks or as many mamas like to call them "tiger stripes" I just wanted people to get an idea of just how big my belly is right now and you may be able to notice the bottom of my belly is looking much bigger than it has in the previous weeks. I feel like I am stretched to my limit, I've said that every week for the past two months lol yet somehow I just keep getting bigger and bigger!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment