Wednesday, November 21, 2012

35 weeks

So it's been about a month since my last post.. sorry, been super busy! Last weekend I had my baby showers, one with Adam's side of the family and the other with my side. I was exhausted the whole time but was super happy to get a bunch of great things for the baby. Been in a nesting phase so it was nice to have things to put together and really start getting the apartment ready for my little munchkin! Still have a few things to finish up but I feel like I'm finally making some progress and won't be totally unprepared if baby boy decides to come a little early. At my last appointment I was told he is in the correct position to be born.. I prefer it if he stays in a few more weeks though! I feel like it could be very soon, there is just so much pressure lately and my hips have been extra sore. It's crazy to think that at some time in the next few weeks I will officially be a mama, sometimes it doesn't seem real at all and other times it's overwhelming. I'm nervous and scared but also excited!

Now that my pregnancy is almost over, I've realized just how much time has passed since my husband has been deployed. He has pretty much missed out on the whole experience, afterall he left when I was just a few weeks along and was never able to go to any doctors appointments or see any ultrasounds except for the pictures I sent him. I tried to keep him as involved as possible, I just hope it has been enough. I know his mind is busy with the things he's doing over there and doesn't always have the time to be focused on what's going on back home so I do have a little bit of a fear that they might not have a very good bond and obviously I want them to be close. Of course Adam will love our son, I do not doubt that for a minute. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out once Adam gets to finally hold him for the first time.. I can't even count how many times I've smiled just thinking about that moment and how happy we will be when it finally happens. Seeing them together will totally melt my heart! Hoping that he will be able to come home to see our son when he is born, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It would be so wonderful to have him here for this precious/ life altering event.. not to mention I'd get to squeeze his hand really hard during labor and make him give me a back massage ;)

Since my last blog post I've had several doctor appointments. Well, two appointments ago my doctor was concerned because I was measuring several weeks ahead so she wanted me to get an ultrasound done just to double check everything. Turns out everything looks fine for now, I'm just going to have a really big baby! I'm glad things are looking healthy but at the same time totally scared of having a huge baby.. giving birth will be painful enough, having a larger baby isn't going to help with that either. LOL.. didn't think I wanted an epidural but with that information I will probably want one now ;) Last week he weighed approximately 6lbs already and is in the 75th percentile, meaning out of 100 babies he is bigger than 74 of them! I shouldn't be surprised though because his daddy was almost 9lbs and was several weeks early, and I was 5lbs 6oz and I was premature and also am a twin so we were both bigger babies. I have an appointment next week and then begins the weekly appointments, which really tells me I'm super close to meeting my son. Like I said earlier, totally nervous and scared but so excited as well.. There were so many times that it felt like my pregnancy was never going to end but looking back now I can't believe I'm about to be in my 9th month, it really has gone by faster than I thought. Not much longer now...

How far along? 35 Weeks, 5 days

Total weight gain: 25lbs, crazy that I've gained most of that just in the last 2 months.. thankfully I'm carrying it mostly in my belly ;)

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything I wear right now is maternity or at least super stretchy 

Stretch marks? Sadly yes, just started getting them a little over a week ago.. it's ok as much as I don't like them I know they will eventually fade and at least it's for a good reason

Sleep: My sleeping pattern is so outta whack. Can't seem to sleep more than a couple hours at a time.

Best moment this week: My baby showers, they turned out great. Yummy food and lot's of wonderful things for my baby boy, was glad to see family I haven't seen in awhile too 

Miss Anything? Being able to breathe easily, not having heartburn 24/7, being able to walk without extreme pain.. ya know the usual lol.. also, my husband as always!

Movement: Oh yes, especially when I eat or try to sleep.. this boy is a wild one!

Food cravings: Really been loving the mocha frappes from McDonalds

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular, though I have been more nauseated lately than usual, not as bad as the first trimester though- thank God!

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Started getting a few contractions in my back but it's not true labor yet

Symptoms: Lots of pressure in the pelvic area, very bad sciatica on both sides, heartburn of course, just started getting some lower back pain recently and am still getting Braxton-Hicks

Belly Button in or out? Totally out, kinda gross lol

Wedding ring on or off? Always on!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy, the only time I'm grumpy is if I'm having contractions but usually I'm feeling too exhausted to really be moody 
 
 
Looking forward to: Hopefully getting some maternity pics taken today and Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I get to eat some great food and visit with family, who doesn't love that?!
 
 
 
 
profile of our son, and yes he is still very much a boy- the doc double checked lol
getting ready for my first baby shower, looking pretty dang big
 
at my other baby shower, not only looking big but feeling it too! lol
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment