Sunday, July 22, 2012

18 weeks

Alrighty folks so I'm officially in my 5th month! It makes me so excited to be able to say that considering I can remember when I first found out we were expecting and I was only 3 1/2 weeks along.. time has gone by so much faster than I realized. I still feel like December is so far away but I'm sure it will go by quickly. The days are slow but usually the weeks go by fast and before I know it a month has gone by.

I assumed that by the time I was 5 months pregnant I would look it but that's not the case. Sure, I look bigger than I used to but honestly I just look a little bloated. People say that its a good thing, which I suppose it is but I'm actually at the point in pregnancy that I wouldn't mind having a belly. I've heard a lot of women that don't really show until later usually end up ballooning right out at the end of the second trimester, I was hoping it would be more gradual but it's not like its really my choice lol. The only time I really look pregnant is right after I eat because then I really am bloated and it poofs out the little bit of belly that I have.

I have a doctor appointment in a few days which is good, though the last few appointments I've been to they really didn't do anything just took my vitals and listened to the babies heartbeat. I told them how I had been getting dizzy and bad headaches so they took my blood pressure again but I guess it was fine so they aren't too worried. I'm still waiting to hear back on my echocardiogram and heart monitor results from over 2 weeks ago, hopefully that all turns out to be just fine and it should considering they never called to tell me. Usually they won't call unless there is something wrong, but then again I didn't find out for 3 weeks that I had a bladder infection.. good thing it didn't turn into a kidney infection! Yes I probably sound a little paranoid lately with health issues but hello I am carrying an unborn child inside, I think I have the right to be paranoid about my health. I will also say UTI's can also cause early contractions, so I do have a legitimate concern. I still haven't been retested to make sure it's gone and that was over a month ago, I will definitely have to ask my doctor about that at my appointment.

So Adam has been gone for several months now. Some days it doesn't seem like its been that long, and other days it feels like its been so much longer. I'm starting to get things around to send to him in a care package, he doesn't really need a whole lot but I'm sending him some things he asked for and a few extra things to make his time over there a little more tolerable. He loves my banana bread so I was trying to think of how to make it so it would last the 7-10 days it takes to get over there. I figured an air vacuum bag or container would work but then one of the other EOD wives suggested baking it in a mason jar. I've heard of cakes and brownies in a jar but never realized I could use it for banana bread too. I will probably make one for myself first to test it out (I'm sure it will be great, I just want an excuse to eat it ;)) There is a "Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar" recipe on allrecipes.com I plan on using, though my own recipe is great.. maybe I'll make one of each and see which one he prefers.

How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain: none
Maternity clothes? just a few things for now 

Stretch marks? not yet really

Sleep: some nights i sleep great, other nights i dont sleep at all
Best moment this week: my friend kara finally being back in michigan after 2yrs in korea!
 

Miss Anything? adam and deli meat sandwiches lol, and not having my back ache everytime i wake up

Movement: every day now especially when i'm laying down and when i talk to adam, its like our baby somehow knows when we're talking lol
Food cravings: bagels w strawberry cream cheese, chips & salsa
Anything making you queasy or sick: the smell of my dogs food, i gag everytime i have to feed her
Gender: not sure yet, though i did have a dream it was a boy
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: heartburn from hell, body aches all over
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: not usually moody at all, mostly happy with a few sad emotional moments
Looking forward to: getting the ultrasound and hopefully finding out the gender august 3rd














Haven't had a picture of my belly in awhile.. not much of a belly yet but it's getting there <3

No comments:

Post a Comment